An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly and supportive team here at Oban Vets, Oban!
To deliver a high standard of nursing care to the patients, assist the veterinary surgeons, liaise with clients with regards to inpatient care and carry out nurse clinics. This role will also have varied responsibilities within our mixed practice, with no two days the same!
The role includes rotation of theatre, prep, inpatients and nurse clinics. LA varies depending on the time of year.
1 in 4 Saturdays
Earliest shift starts at 8am, latest finishes at 6pm.
No on call/ooh
40 hours are across Monday to Friday or Saturday on the week where the Saturday morning shift falls. TOIL is given the following Friday afternoon in lieu of this Saturday morning shift.
Salary for the role is up to £28,000 depending on experience.
Oban Vets is a rural mixed practice, located in the bustling holiday town of Oban, on the west coast of Scotland. We have a varied caseload with lots of development opportunities. Oban itself provides easy access to the Highlands and Islands for those that like to explore.
About the Team and Culture
We have 6.2 vets and a team of 5.5 nurses. We take pride in our friendly and inclusive culture, and we strive for clinical excellence.
• Acupuncture (vet)
• Physio (nurse)
• Diagnostic Imaging (Vet)
Required skills and experience….
1. Qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse
2. Nurse clinic knowledge
3. Excellent organisational and communication skills
Would be good to have….
1. Specialist clinic knowledge
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Birthday leave
• RCVS Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.Apply for this job
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Margaret Oliver from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.