Posted on 05/10/2021
Taylor Veterinary Practice, Cathkin is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. This is ideally a full-time position, however flexible and part-time applicants will also be considered. We have a high and varied surgical caseload covering small animals, small furries, and some exotics. The role can also accommodate a vet looking to work solely within consulting shifts for those who prefer to avoid operating. You would be working between all 3 branches with Cathkin as the main hub and East Kilbride and Clarkston as consulting only branches.
Working up to 40 hours per week – however flexible and can offer part time hours
Full time is working across 5 days between Monday-Friday – part time hours are flexible
3:8 Saturdays – day off in lieu the preceding week
No Sunday shifts
Up to £50,000 negotiable and competitive D.O.E
Welcome bonus of up to £1,500
Relocation package up to £5000
Taylor Veterinary Practice is one of the oldest established small animal veterinary practices in the world. We are a 3-branch practice based on the Southside of Glasgow, ideal for either city-based living or more rural lifestyles
Our TVP family consists of 16 vets, a team of fantastic nurses, ANA’s, receptionists and an administration department. We have 3 certificate holders in medicine and surgery, with another working towards an ophthalmology certificate. Many of the vets have individual areas of interest, which means there is always someone to offer advice on a challenging case.
Must be RCVS registered and qualified and ideally have some experience working in small animal practice. CPD is encouraged and funded as well as further certification opportunities available.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 7.2 weeks holiday including bank holidays per annum
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,500 CPD allowance with 5 days Paid CPD leave
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Speak to Margaret Oliver from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.