Posted on 06/06/2022
Here at Cedar Grove Veterinary Clinic, we are looking for a dedicated and professional Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. You will divide your days between consulting sessions and sessions which involve surgical procedures and diagnostic investigations.
The rota will involve working 4 days per week with weekend rota shared between 6 vets.
Our out-of-hours is managed by Vets Now.
Cedar Grove is a progressive Small Animal RCVS Accredited Hospital with a significant and growing referral caseload. We have excellent surgical, medical and diagnostic facilities to include in house MRI, CT, Ultrasound and X-ray facilities. Cedar Grove is situated in affluent South Belfast, a cosmopolitan, growing city with much to offer both socially and for outdoor enthusiasts.
Our team at Cedar Grove is led by a team of 10 Veterinary Surgeons, 14 Registered Veterinary Nurses, Animal Nursing Assistants and 12 Support Staff. We have a range of Vets with additional qualifications and certificates and several working towards certificates. Our greatest resource is our staff - their enthusiasm, experience, and ability to work together as a team helps us provide the highest standards of care.
Cedar Grove is a busy 1st opinion and referral practice providing excellent care for pets and their clients. This position would ideally suit a confident and experienced veterinary surgeon who is proficient in consultations and surgical skills. However, all applicants will be considered. CPD and post graduate certificates encouraged and funded along with excellent in-house clinical support.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 per annum or advanced allowance for referral vets
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
• Up to £2,000 relocation allowance
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Speak to Mike Burrell from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.