Provide Advanced Care at Our State-of-the-Art Referral Hospital
Blaise is a large-scale, multi-disciplinary, specialist-led referral hospital which encompasses the culture and values we pride ourselves on at IVC Evidensia. Blaise recently joined our extensive referral network, which now consists of over 100 referral sites across the UK & Ireland.
The hospital is one of the largest in the UK at over 36,000 sq ft, with the capacity to treat up to 10,000 pets per year. From the site we provide specialist led multi-discipline veterinary referrals and a 24-hour emergency care service for pet owners across the Midlands. The site has easy access from the A38 through Longbridge and is part of the West Longbridge regeneration project.
Find Your Purpose in our Purpose-Built Hospital
This will be an exciting and varied position, where you will balance clinical and leadership responsibilities. You will work alongside an experienced peer group, delivering commercially sustainable services across the hospital. You will also work alongside the wider referral division on the implementation of new processes and ways of working.
Shape the Future of Orthopaedics at Blaise
Your duties in Blaise will include, but not be limited to -
- Being an advocate of the hospital and overall IVC Evidensia Referral Network, engaging with potential candidates through networking and recruitment events to complement our recruitment efforts.
- Being an ambassador for IVC Evidensia Values and embedding our company culture, ensuring co-operation and collaboration between the services.
- Develop a collaborative culture within your discipline, harnessing individual expertise and experience to ensure a motivated and productive team.
- Regular meetings with all Heads of Service and Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure that clinical standards are being maintained and group policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Work with the Senior Nursing team to deliver a cohesive and client focused service where we are united to provide a high standard of client and patient care across a 24/7 operation.
- Be proactive in spotting opportunities to drive performance, growth and efficiencies across the referral service.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Diplomate (DACVS/DipECVS) to lead our Orthopaedic referral service.
- RCVS Registered or eligible
- RCVS, American or European Boarded Diplomate or eligible
- Previous experience of working in a multi discipline referral hospital
- Experience in developing and mentoring junior clinicians is desirable but not essential
Our Employees’ Matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will benefit from:
- 7.2 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Relocation allowance and visa support available
- Welcome bonus of £15,000
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £5000 CPD allowance plus 2 weeks CPD paid leave
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to Ciaran Connolly, Referral Talent Partner at Ciaran.Connolly@ivcevidensia.com