Registered Veterinary Nurse
Let Your Passion Shine with us at South Lincs!
South Lincs Vets, Sutterton Veterinary Hospital
Up to £30,000 depending on experience plus benefits
At South Lincs Vets, situated in the heart of the picturesque Lincolnshire region between Spalding and Boston, we're on the lookout for a passionate and dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our dynamic team. Ready to let your passion for animal care shine brighter than ever? Here's your chance.
Your Path with Us
• Dive into a fulfilling role, embracing either a 4 or 5-day working week, totalling 42 hours.
• Your day-to-day duties will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including general medical nursing for in-patients, referral patients, and emergency cases. You'll also shine in theatre, schedule 3 procedures, radiography, laboratory work, consulting shifts, and the rewarding task of teaching and mentoring Student Veterinary Nurses and Support Staff.
• Join our supportive team in a 1:5 Saturday or Sunday day shift rotation, providing you with a well-deserved work-life balance.
• Enjoy a manageable 1:15 rotation for weekend nights, offering you peace of mind.
Rota patterns that work for you
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Our location, nestled between Spalding and Boston in beautiful Lincolnshire, offers a serene setting for your career. As an RCVS accredited Hospital, we pride ourselves on being well-equipped, ensuring you have access to all the tools you need to excel.
Meet our beloved practice cat, "Jonathan," who enjoys keeping you company during your well-deserved breaks.
We're not just a veterinary practice; we're a family, comprising the main hospital and 4 branch practices. Our team is formidable, featuring 17 Vets, including certificate holders in Orthopaedics, Soft Tissue Surgery, ECC, and medicine. Supporting them are 50+ RVNs, SVNs, VCAs, ACAs, Reception, and admin staff, all working together harmoniously to provide exceptional care.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
If you're a compassionate and skilled Registered Veterinary Nurse, ready to embark on a rewarding journey, we invite you to join our team and be a part of our commitment to excellence in animal care.
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Jim Dixon, Talent Partner, on firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 07890610129.