Registered Veterinary Nurse
Runnymede Hill Veterinary Hospital
Salary up to £33,000 depending on experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate RVN to join us here at Runnymede Hill Veterinary Hospital. You will be joining a dedicated team of nurses, veterinary care assistants and vets to deliver the high standard of care our patients deserve. A varied caseload can be expected and you will be assisting in the execution of medical and surgical duties including monitoring of anaesthesia, assistance with handling of patients and performance of minor procedures. We pride ourselves on providing ongoing support to enhance your skills in nursing and theatre work and encourage further education with CPD.
Rota patterns that work for you – No OOH, Bank Holidays or Sundays
The right person is most important so we will happily discuss full-time, part-time and flexible hours. Typically, our full-time position is a 40-hour week across 4 days with shifts varying from 7:30-17:30, 8:30-18:30 or 9:30-19:30. Our nurses work 1:4/6 Saturday shifts (8 am-5 pm) with an additional day off in the week for Saturdays worked. There is no OOH, no BH or Sundays.
Join our Fantastic Practice
Established for over 40 years, we have two sites, Runnymede Hill Veterinary Hospital in Egham, and provide occasional cover at our branch practice in Sunningdale. We have great links to the M25, M3, Heathrow Airport and the beautiful Windsor Great Park on our doorstep. We have excellent facilities, including separate dog and cat wards and waiting areas, 3 consult rooms, ICU, theatre, dental X-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, and full in-house lab plus everything else you would need or expect a hospital to have. We love what we do, and we are very good at it. Like many other practices, we are very busy and want to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. We constantly look for ways to improve the well-being of our patients and team.
About the Team and Culture
We have an amazing and accomplished team consisting of 5 vets, 7 RVNs, 1 SVN and 2 ANAs.
We support and encourage further training and our nursing team holds certificates in anaesthesiology, medicine, behaviour, ECC, and wildlife to name just a few.
We pride ourselves on listening to staff and actively making improvements to support a work-life balance, patient care, and team morale. It is very important to us that our nurses nurse, this is why we have increased practice support.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care