Registered Veterinary Nurse or Final Year Student Nurse
GKG Vets, Newbury
Salary up to £33,000 DOE plus Benefits
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team at GKG Vets in Newbury. The role is the full mix of veterinary nursing, no day is the same. We actively encourage our nurses to fully use their skills taking radiographs, taking bloods samples, and starting intravenous fluids in addition to the more routine tasks. You will also take care of in-patients, nurse clinics, monitoring of anaesthesia, assisting in theatre, stock ordering & control. We are developing our nursing clinics with most of our diabetics managed by the nursing team.
Fix or flex – work life balance that works for you
Work/life balance is important to us therefore we are open to suggestions on the working days/hours. For example, we can offer flexibility around school runs/childcare etc. We haven’t set the hours per week as we would like to discuss this with the right person however, our normal working week is 40 hours, Monday – Friday with shifts ranging from 8am to 5pm and 10am – 7pm. Saturday morning are 1:4/5 and this is paid as overtime plus there is no OOH.
Who we are
We are a well-equipped small friendly practice who love learning and teaching, established for 62 years on our current site we really are part of the community. Sharing all our knowledge is something we love to do, your opinion and input matters to us. We say our practice is like a patchwork quilt, everyone has a piece to bring to create the full picture, from the cleaner to receptionists to the Clinical Directors to you, everyone has importance and value of different shapes and sizes. We live and breathe by our unique team approach, and we thrive with that ethos.
Large numbers of our clients have been registered with us for many years and these long-term relationships are key to our success and always remain important to us, we truly believe in a cradle to grave relationship with our clients.
P.S - You are welcome to bring your dog to work with you.
Join our experienced and collaborative team
On this journey, you will be supported by our experienced team of Vets, Nurses, Receptionists, and a dedicated Practice Manager. Sharing all our knowledge is something we love to do, your opinion and input matters to us. We live and breathe by our unique team approach, and we thrive with that ethos. Overall, we are looking for someone who takes joy in coming to work and offering excellent patient care, utilising fear free techniques.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
(Subject to pro rata)
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care