Registered Veterinary Nurse – Maternity Cover
Manor Vets, Cradley Heath
Up to £29,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
Manor Vets are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their experienced and knowledgeable team to cover a period of maternity leave.
Working at Cradley Heath, you will carry out all general nursing duties to include, inpatients, theatre practice, basic laboratory tasks, consulting, patient admits and discharges, triaging patients/calls. You will also assist with pricing of procedures, stock ration, ordering, supporting student nurses and new grad vets.
We like our nurses to use their nursing skills as much as possible and are fortunate to work alongside a full team of reception, admin and veterinary auxiliaries staff allowing you to concentrate on providing the best possible care.
We're all about options that fit your lifestyle. If you're looking for part-time gigs or a schedule that adapts to your life and commitments. We're all about giving you the flexibility required, let's make work, work for you!
Full time and part time flexible working hours
Our typical full time hours would involve working between 8am and 7.30pm Monday to Friday and there are various shift patterns within those hours. Weekends are worked 1 in 6 (9-6pm/8-6pm) at our Halesowen Branch and 1 in 6 Saturday mornings.
Our team is well established and has a variety of certificate holders, such as; surgery, medicine, imaging, ophthalmology, exotics and an exotics diploma holder and an orthopaedic certificate holder.
Our supportive team
Our team of Registered Veterinary Nurses, Veterinary Auxiliaries, Reception and Admin provide support so that everyone’s days can run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Cradley is near to the local train station for easy access to Birmingham City centre, only 8 miles away, but also a short drive to the countryside, providing the best of both worlds.
Our Cradley Heath practice
We have a range of equipment such as digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, visiting MRI, and a biochemistry analyzer.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Because our employees matter
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Apply for this job
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Gavin Gallagher from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.