Registered Veterinary Nurse
Dragon Vets, Prestbury Park
Up to £29,000 depending on experience, relocation support up to £1,000, plus benefits
There’s no better time to join our friendly and supportive team!
The role will involve all aspects of nursing including, theatre work, anaesthetics, medical nursing and supporting our reception team if there is a need. You will be responsible for supporting branch clinics in running smoothly and aiding students in their training as well as day to day nursing. The position is 37.25 hours per week worked over 4 days with a 1 in 4 Saturday morning inclusive, shifts are between 8am and 7pm, with no out of hours requirement. The role will involve varied work across all of our branches, making every day different.
Find a place to grow
Located in the heart of Cheltenham, renowned for horse racing and a thriving bar/restaurant scene, Dragon Vets is a large and advanced practice. We have invested in the latest equipment including CT, DR, rigid/flexible endoscopy, high-end Doppler ultrasono-graphy (GE Vivid IQ) and well-equipped operating facilities to provide our clients with the best possible service.
We are lucky to have several RCVS-advanced practitioners in medicine, surgery, and cardiology, meaning that we can manage most cases in-house and provide great support for colleagues interested in diversifying in nursing.
Meet like-minded professionals
With 14 Veterinary Surgeons and 20 Veterinary Nurses there is plenty of opportunities for development of skills and socialising. We also have a great team of 20 support members over our 5 branches. Regular team meetings enable opportunities for learning and support personal growth.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Hannah Williams, Talent Partner, on firstname.lastname@example.org / 07977252868.
Apply for this job
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Gavin Gallagher from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.