Registered Veterinary Nurse – Maternity Cover
Downland Veterinary Group, Hilsea
Salary up to £29,000 depending on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for a registered veterinary nurse to join our fantastic Hilsea team.
Day-to-day duties are to support the vet, carry out nurse consultations, monitor anaesthesia, take blood samples, and carry out in-house lab tests, monitor and order stock.
Ideally 8 am - 7 pm 4 days per week. This can be 3 days, or 8-hour shifts 4-5 days per week. Fewer hours may be considered with morning and afternoon shift patterns. There are no out-of-hours but there are 1 in 3 Saturday mornings, with time off in lieu.
This is a maternity cover position working with us for a minimum of 6 months.
Why Join Downland?
Our fantastic clinic is part of a large group of 12 practices, that all work closely with our main branch. We are a 1 vet clinic with facilities including digital and dental x-rays, ultrasound, an in-house lab, 3 consulting rooms, separate cat and dog wards and waiting areas. We are based very close to transport links and just 10 minutes from the city centre and the coast.
We have a dedicated team of 12 vets and 25 RVNs within our neighbouring clinics in the group. This clinic has a close-knit supportive team made up of 1 vet, 3 RVNs and 3 support staff.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care