An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team here at Strathspey Veterinary Centre, Grantown-on-Spey! Full/part time candidates can be considered, with scope to develop the nurse clinics here as well as working on some orthopaedic caseloads.
Day to day duties will include but not limited:
- General nursing duties.
- Care of day patients and inpatients.
- Monitoring anaesthetics.
- Assisting Veterinary Surgeons.
- Care and maintenance of equipment.
- Stock control.
- Occasional reception work.
Up to 40 hours per week
Across 4/5 days per week (part time hours also available)
Covering both Grantown-on Spey & Aviemore branches
1:4 Saturdays (8:30am-1pm) and OOH on call shifts
Up to £25,000 negotiable, depending on experience.
Relocation allowance of up to £2,500
We are a 2 branch, mixed practice with clinics in Grantown on Spey and in Aviemore. We serve clients from a large geographical area in and around the Cairngorms National Park. Our clients are from a wide demographic and this gives scope for a huge variety of cases. We provide a full range of first opinion services to our clients and are fully equipped in both branches.
About the Team and Culture
Our team is made up of 10 FTE Vets and 4.5 FTE RVN's, 2 SVN's and 1 VCA. We also have a full team of receptionists.
The ideal candidate will be an RVN but we will consider applications from SVN's who are nearing qualification. We aim to find a nurse who communicates well with their clients and their team, and has a keen interest in utilising their nursing skills.
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.