Posted on 24/08/2023
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team here at Midland Veterinary Surgery, Leyton. Your duties will include working in theatre, Nurse consults, medical nursing (kennels), assisting the Head Nurse and Vets. Clinical Coach is desirable but not essential. Reception knowledge will be required.
The shifts will be a mixture of early and lates with 1:4 Saturday shifts. There is no Sunday work and no OOH’s.
Midland Veterinary Surgery are a RCVS accredited small animal practice based in Leyton. We have been a Veterinary Nurse Training Practice for many years, and we provide services for companion pets, such as cats, dogs, rabbits and other small furries. Our practice hosts a wide range of equipment such as X-ray, Ultrasound, Dental X-ray machine and an in-house biochemistry machine. Situated at the back of the practice we also have a cattery.
We are easily accessible to excellent transport links into Central London and there are plenty of shops nearby.
Our team currently consists of 5 Vets, 4 RVN'S, 2 SVN'S, 1 VCA, 1 New Grad Vet, 3 Receptionists and 2 Cattery Staff. We have 1 Vet working towards a certificate in medicine and 1 Vet with an interest in dentistry. We work with the local animal charities and have previously made donations to show our support.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Speak to Gavin Gallagher from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.