Exotic Veterinary Surgeon
Companion Vets, Newark
Up to £65,000 depending on experience, up to £5,000 relocation support plus benefits
Discover the next step in your career at Companion Vets!
We have an excellent opportunity for a Small Animal Vet to join our fantastic team! Your primary responsibility will be to deliver a first-class, first opinion veterinary service supported by our experienced, fully qualified nursing and clinical teams. With the clinical freedom to follow and work up cases to a high standard, you will make a positive impact from day one and will be keen to contribute to our continued growth. Our ideal candidate will be a team player who has an interest in future progression and be competent in carrying out small animal consultations, routine and emergency surgeries and dental work. Sole charge will be required.
Our vets usually work 40 hours over 5 days per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 08.30 – 19.00. (both flexible)There are no out of hours requirements for this role and you will be a part of a fair weekend rota of 1 in 3 weekends, which can be taken either paid or in lieu.
Be part of something exceptional
Companion Veterinary Clinic is located in the historic town of Newark we are a bustling first-opinion small animal practice catering to a diverse caseload. Located in Balderton we have been providing Newark and the surrounding villages for many years in one form or another. Our fantastic practice is equipped with CR Xray, ultrasound, and a full internal lab.
Meet like-minded professionals
We are a growing practice who are looking for the right candidate to join our dedicated and progressive team. 11 in total, 2 vets one of whom is working towards their certificate in Small Animal Medicine, 3 nurses, 1 student nurse and a great support team. We always aim to offer a professional, friendly, and personal service to many small animal clients. CPD is encouraged and provided in order to maintain our delivery of the most up-to-date animal care, within a practice which fully encourages and supports your development.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Jim Dixon, Talent Partner, on firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 07890610129.Apply for this job
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Jim Dixon from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.