Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Natures Vet, Bristol & Bath
Up to £5000 welcome bonus + £5000 relocation allowance
Salary up to £65,000 DOE plus benefits
Natures Vet are looking for an experienced Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join their fantastic team. The ideal candidate will be confident in all aspects of general GP duties including consulting and surgery.
This is a part-time role working three 9.5-hour days per week, with 1:4 Saturday mornings (8:30-12:30). No out-of-hours.
You will join our 2-site practice with a small 'village' Vet site in Paulton (near Bristol) and a larger purpose-built site in Radstock (near Bath). We have a range of facilities including digital X-rays, ultrasound scans, a good range of lab equipment, blood machines, operating theatres, and a dental suite.
The best part of working for our group is joining our fantastic team, we have 4 vets supported by 4 registered veterinary nurses, who offer a wealth of experience and run daily consults. We have 4 student nurses and 8 support staff. The practices also have a strong working relationship with Bath Vet Referrals should we need prompt advice or to refer a case. Across the team, we have certificate holders in anaesthesia and nutrition and we support our people in pursuing their interests.
If you are a dedicated and experienced vet who is looking to care for a loyal client base then this role could be perfect for you!
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care