Posted on 06/11/2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Consult Only Veterinary Surgeon to join our caring and supportive teams at our Padiham & Oswaldtwistle branches. We understand that work life balance is more important than ever. Therefore, we will consider different hours, shift patterns and rotas to suit your needs.
The role will comprise of solely consulting and would suit those who are seeking independence and sole charge. However, there is potential to spend time each week at our fully equipped hospital in Clayton le Dale to allow for a more varied case-load. Day to day duties involve providing a consultation service to Myerscough Veterinary Group clients, ensuring the health and happiness of animals seen. Vaccinations, routine and non-routine appointments throughout each day. Candidate will be responsible for providing veterinary care to animals, prescribing medications, and day to day management of the branch practice.
There could be scope for an applicant with an interest in dermatology to develop a dermatology service within this branch. Our Tier 3 hospital in Clayton Le Dale provides surgical and inpatient care for our patients, time at the hospital during the working week would be considered if requested by the applicant.
We offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. We can offer flexibility that actually works for you. Tell us what you’re looking for, and we will do our best to accommodate it! A full time role would involve working typically 4 days per week between the hours of 9.15am & 6.00pm but there would also be the option of spending one of those days at our hospital if preferred. Weekend working is Saturdays only, 8am-3.30pm on a maximum of 1 in 4 and up to a 1 in 8 rota and our out of hours provision is by Vets Now, located at the hospital.
With our new management team in place, we are recruiting to build up our veterinary team. We currently have 14 FTE vets, including three surgery certificate holders, two medicine certificate holders, an anaesthesia certificate holder and are able to provide advanced dental treatment with a vet completing her certificate in oral surgery and dentistry. Our nursing team are incredibly supportive, and handle many routine appointments to help with the workload of our vets, including some Schedule 3 procedures.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 6.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• CPD allowance
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
For a confidential chat or to discuss this role in more detail please contact Marcus Alphonso, Talent Partner, on email@example.com / 07977242350
Speak to Marcus Alphonso from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.