Posted on 09/11/2023
Find flexibility in a role with no out-of-hours or weekends
The Veterinary Clinic, West Bromwich has a fantastic opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join our well-established practice. You will see a varied caseload in a busy practice with a combination of consults and surgery.
In addition to our comprehensive welcome package, we have accommodation above the clinic and will relocate a vet rent and utility free for three months.
Typically, our full time Vets work 4 days a week between the hours of 9am-7pm Monday to Friday. There is no weekend or out of hours work required.
We proudly offer flexible working hours as a part of our commitment to supporting our employees in achieving work-life balance. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to manage their work schedules in a way that suits their individual needs, whether it's to accommodate family commitments, pursue personal interests, or simply maintain a busy and fulfilling lifestyle.
We strongly encourage our people to pursue any specific interests and a big part of our ethos is the belief in further learning for everyone, and we have opportunities to progress into leadership. As a team, we hold monthly vet meetings, a WhatsApp clinical discussion group and colleagues are only ever a phone call away should you need them.
Our close-knit group of PSS accredited clinics have been established both independently and as part of our larger group for well over 30 years and many staff are still with us. Due to being well-established, we have excellent relationships with other clinical groups in the area. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver a high standard of care, to help us do that we have access to excellent facilities across the group.
The Veterinary Clinic is based in West Bromwich, in the heart of the Black Country, but don’t let that fool you! Its growth as a Midlands town boomed during the Industrial Revolution and over the years it’s undergone a massive transformation with new shopping precincts, college campuses and housing. A 25-minute drive will take you to Merry Hill, one of the largest shopping centres in the UK with over 200 shops, cinemas, restaurants, and cafes whilst 20 mins in the other direction takes you to the vibrant Birmingham City Centre, easily accessible by the Metro tramway or bus. West Brom is the home of Sandwell Valley Country Park and RSPB Nature reserve, stately homes including the Oak House and Bromwich Hall as well as the Baggies football team!
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from;
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Speak to Hannah Williams from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.