Posted on 09/11/2023
Here at The Veterinary Clinic, we are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join the team. The usual working day will include a mix of consultations and surgical procedures. There are no out of hours with the role as it is covered by our local VetsNow.
In addition to our comprehensive welcome package, we have accommodation that can be utilised should you be relocating to the area.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provision of excellent standard of care to both pets and clients.
• High standard of communication using verbal and written methods; using our PMS for patient records, prescriptions and lab reporting and full discussion with clients on patient progress, treatment options and costs.
• Comply with legal obligations in line with prescribing/dispensing of medicines guidelines as well as working in accordance with the RCVS.
• Code of Professional Conduct.
• Have the confidence to work sole charge.
Typically, our full time Vets work 4 days a week between the hours of 9am-7pm Monday to Friday. However, as there is no weekend or out of hours work required if offers a great work life balance.
Although this is a sole charge role, as we are part of a larger group there is always support and advice available from our supportive team.
The Veterinary Clinic Great Barr has a very close-knit team and is based in Birmingham, which is the youngest city in Europe with more Michelin restaurants than any other city in the UK apart from London and a thriving music scene, multicultural Brum really is the place to be! There are also more miles of canals than in Venice!
A 10- minute drive or 20- minute bus or train trip will take you into the city centre or the surrounding countryside and Sandwell Valley Country Park and RSPB Nature Reserve is just a short hop down the road. Our group of PSS accredited clinics have been established both independently and as part of our TVC group for well over 30 years and many staff are still with us. Each of our clinics have designated nursing Branch Leads to allow you to concentrate on being a Vet although management opportunities are available.
Lab/surgical/dental facilities are standard within each branch, and we also have access to dental x-ray/ultrasonography/ophthalmic and orthopaedic kit across the group. We also have excellent relationships with other clinic groups and can refer & offer further learning within our local area.
We are an encouraging group who are happy to fund certificates and specific interests and firmly believe in further learning for everyone. We hold monthly Vet meetings; a WhatsApp clinical discussion group and colleagues are only ever a phone call away. Alongside other local clinic groups we have access to certificate holders and the ability to offer further learning across various disciplines due to the close relationships we have in our local area.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
• Relocation allowance up to £5000
Speak to Hannah Williams from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.