Cliffe Vets have an exciting opportunity for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their longstanding and established team. This is a full time position and offers the chance to be involved in the overseeing of graduate training, so an excellent opportunity for a Vet keen to delve into or continue mentoring. At Cliffe the work load is equally shared covering consults, operations and branch surgery cover to offer full clinical exposure and a varied working day. This is an opportunity to work amongst a supportive and encouraging team and to live and work in a beautiful area in the South Downs. We are always very keen to invest in our employees and would endorse and support certifications and further study if you have a chosen interest.
Cliffe Veterinary Group
Up to £60,000 DOE and up to £2,000 Welcome Bonus, up to £5,000 Relocation Allowance plus benefits.
Come and join our friendly team!
The role operates across an average of 40 hours a week with weekend cover required, no out of hours on call but inpatient cover may be required. For insight, our weekends at Cliffe include running our Saturday morning consults, then if you are the Vet on call, you will oversee any inpatients, there is no out of hours expected as this is picked up by Vets Now. We believe in providing a stable work life balance to our team, so following a weekend on call, you will have a 3.5 day working week.
Salary for the role is up to £60,000 per annum depending on experience
Welcome bonus of up to £2000
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000, with practice discretion
Who we are
Cliffe Veterinary Group is a large mixed practice with dedicated Small Animal, Farm and Equine departments. We are a progressive, well-equipped (TTA, TPLO, ASIF, laparoscopy, digital radiography, endoscopy, ultrasound/doppler to name a few), RCVS accredited practice with a varied surgical and medical caseload. We have a full-time laboratory technician who will run a very large range of diagnostics “in-house” to provide an exceptional level of care for our patients. We are located in the vibrant, historic market town of Lewes. We are just 10 miles from Brighton, one hour by train to London and a small commute of 30 minutes to Gatwick airport.
A team dedicated to continuous professional development
We have an exceptional team at Cliffe Vets, and you’d be an integral addition. Our Small Animal team comprises 10 Vets, 11 Nurses, and 14 Support Staff. We are a friendly and diverse team, with several of us who have been here for many years. We are certainly a social and close knit team that strive on our working environment being one that is a pleasure to be a part of.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
• 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet careApply for this job
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Bartosz Piasecki from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.