Posted on 09/07/2021
Ivybank Vets in Ayrshire, is looking for a vet surgeon on a full time or part time basis to join their friendly, established and experienced team. Working within a first- opinion GP role with mix of medical and surgical cases and time to work-up your own caseload.
Working 42 hours per week (Full Time) over a 4 day per week and every other Saturday morning
No OOH – this is covered by Vets Now
No Sunday working
Up to £50,000 negotiable DOE
Ivybank Vets has 3 branches, Kilwinning, West Kilbride & Irvine. We have a team of 7 vets, 7-nurse, 2 ACAs plus reception/ support staff. Ayrshire has great beaches and lovely countryside with excellent access to the facilities of Glasgow or the outdoor pursuits of Arran.
Must be RCVS registered and qualified ideally an experienced small animal vet although support can be given for the right candidate. This role has flexibility to adapt the caseload to your preference for an experienced vet. Further certification and CPD funding is also available.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Speak to Margaret Oliver from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.