Gladstone Vets have an excellent opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join their busy practice. The successful candidate will be responsible for their own caseload of consulting and operating, whilst working as a team to support their colleagues.
This is a full-time role working 41 hours across 4 days per week, however, we can be flexible and are happy to accept part-time applicants. You will have a share in the rota for 1:4 Saturday mornings, but there are no out-of-hour requirements.
The salary for this role is up to £50,000 depending on experience.
We are a small and friendly veterinary practice, aiming to provide a high standard and efficient service for our clients, whilst maintaining a great team environment and a work-life balance – with the odd pizza thrown in! We are based in Hadley, Telford, with excellent rail links and the M54 motorway close to hand, as well as Telford town centre (with a Nuffield gym) within a 5-minute drive. Local walks include up the Wrekin, Attingham Park, and the quarry Shrewsbury, as well as national trust locations nearby! Our practice has all of the usual toys including; digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopes, haematology and biochemistry analysers, a microscope and a dental machine.
By far the best part of the practice is our team! Made up of 4 vets, 6 nurses and a receptionist. 2 of our vets are studying for certificates in small animal surgery and diagnostic imaging, and we are very keen for our vets to follow their passions, with support if they wish to pursue this. Our current staff are hoping for an easy-going, friendly vet to join the small but dedicated team.
- Veterinary experience
- RCVS registered
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Good sense of humour
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.